Absolute Brooklyn 8.17.2011: "Brooklyn-Harlem Connection" Introducing Domi Vee

About Me

My photo
"Middle East" New York, Brooklyn, New York
Tall in stature, but short on words. Low on expectations, but high on optimism. I'm a son, brother, uncle, poet, activist, leader, student and a voice. But at the end of the day, I am simply ME.

Friday, October 30, 2009

This is how it feels to be from the greatest city in the UNIverse! Check out WRBG Radio V. 17 (The Musicology of Mmadu Ulasi II)


With this issue, I was ecstatic from the completion of my first public event, The Eat 2 Live Block Party & Concert. Although it was supposed to go down on September 12th as originally planned, but with everything going wrong from the beginning, I had no choice but to postpone. During that entire week, I was planning how I can rebound from this setback, and have my vision become reality. So the 19th rolls around, and everything went smooth like butter, from beginning to end. There were books for the kids donated from the Brooklyn Borough Prez, SeƱor Marty Markowitz. And I had A-Live of Green Street and Aquil from Philly come and shut it down for the kids. That day, I saw generations come together, which is something that doesn't really happen that much amongst the urban community these days. I feel that we need to come together like that more often, so look out for another block party coming your way next summer! But with no further ado, I present to you: WRBG Radio V. 17 (The Musicology of Mmadu Ulasi p II)

Download: http://www.zshare.net/audio/660083122ab7119c/

Here are some pics from the event.

The Locale



Music by Charlie B & The Chronic Vibez Crew


Yo...This dude was getting BUSY on those skates!


Silent Intelligent & A-Live of Green Street


Looks like the kids are having a good time. But I have something up my sleeve of course.

The mayhem begins. Aquil of Illadelphia starts the show off.


Making sure the crowd is with us! Up there with a broken toe on one foot, Jordan on the other. That's how we do it here in Brooklyn.


A-Live getting it in by the bodega.


I got my drink and my two step!


OK, ya'll don't gotta go home, but you gotta get the hell up outta here.

Shouts to slimm on the pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment