Absolute Brooklyn 8.17.2011: "Brooklyn-Harlem Connection" Introducing Domi Vee

About Me

My photo
"Middle East" New York, Brooklyn, New York
Tall in stature, but short on words. Low on expectations, but high on optimism. I'm a son, brother, uncle, poet, activist, leader, student and a voice. But at the end of the day, I am simply ME.

Thursday, December 3, 2009

To Whom It May Concern.

To whom it may concern:

My name is Mmadu, but soon you'll learn. I come from a place where dreams and souls burn, where there is nothing but darkness and nowhere left to turn. Where the harshness of the cold world sinks and seed deep in your bones. But to me, this is what I call home, the land where the lost people roam with no place to go. Just caught up in the motions with no sign of hope, as if everyone is high off of some spiritual dope. At this pace, I might as well give them the rope, so that they can just go and perform their own spiritual lynchings.

Excuse me if I come off as a vernacular henchmen, but this is my first hand account of my physical setting. This is not fabricated nor dramatized, this is just the story of a young'n who's on the rise whose coming from nothing, but I'm aiming for the skies. But before I ascend as this cold world turns, just know that I voiced my opinion to whom it may concern.

Cordially,
Mmadu Ulasi

No comments:

Post a Comment